Here’s What Your Target LDL Level Should Be — Even if You’ve Had a Heart Attack 0According to research published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, reducing LDL levels to an average of 81 with high-dose statins cuts risk for major coronary events—even for those who have had a heart attack in the past.
Meat Lovers Looking to Reduce Cholesterol Should Avoid These Five Red Meats 0Research has shown that following a strict vegetarian diet can reduce and even negate some damage done to your heart and arteries. However, not all people find the switch an easy one to make. If you’re working to cut meat from your diet without giving up all your favorite cuts, you can strategically choose which types to avoid.
Here Are Three Common Medications That Could Increase Side Effects of Statins 0
One of the main things to consider before treating your high cholesterol with statins is dietary interaction. These interactions could increase your chances of experiencing certain side effects of statins, such as headache or muscle pain.
25% of Your Blood Cholesterol Comes from the Food You Eat 0High cholesterol is not a totally uncontrollable health factor. In fact, as much as 25% of your blood cholesterol comes from the food you eat, according to the FDA. Your liver and other cells produce the other 75% of your blood cholesterol.
A Morning Meal Suggestion That Does More Than Taste Good: it Reduces Bad Cholesterol 0Clearing out the pantry to eliminate foods that don’t help your heart health doesn’t mean you have to get rid of all your favorites. In fact, a popular breakfast staple is actually one of the best meals for lowering cholesterol. Due to the soluble fiber found in oatmeal, it’s a useful way to reduce LDL cholesterol and prevent cholesterol from finding its way into your bloodstream, according to the Mayo Clinic.
Bottoms up! Protein Drinks Made with Whey Protein Can Lower LDL and Overall Cholesterol 0
Dairy is often credited with several health benefits, but many of those are actually from whey—one of the two proteins in dairy. Whey protein contains all nine amino acids and is considered a complete protein.